Feb 27 & 28

For some reason, the kids have been getting up progressively earlier. We started out at a fairly reasonable 6am, but by the 26th, things had progressed to the point that I had to get up at 3:45 and take Ru-chan for a walk so that Jill didn’t throw her out the window. Last night we forced the kids to stay up later, and managed to keep them in bed until 4:45. Yayyy. I’m not sure what is going to happen to Jill when she gets the kids home, because 4:45 here is 1:45 at home. Of course that means they would be going to sleep at 3 in the afternoon. It is so hard to explain jet lag to a 6 month old.

With the early start we were completely packed by 6, and in the pool by 7. It was actually cold enough this morning that Miwa got out herself after only 10 minutes.

Ru-chan has had enough of this crazy world.


Miwa decided to do The Cupcake Massacre Part II this morning. IMG_0504

After a farewell chat with D&S of Grace Bay Town Homes, we headed to the IGA at 11 for an early lunch, then carried on to the taxi stand at Ports of Call for our ride to the Airport. I’m not sure where Wesjtet found the service agent who served us, but apparently, 6 characters per minute is an acceptable typing speed. Jill says I am am being to harsh on the TC islanders regarding there lack of efficiency, and perhaps she is correct, after all there are trying to run a country with a population base similar to than that of Campbell River.   Try to imagine Campbell River’s Ministry of Immigration. It would probably be a disaster.

We were concerned that our flight to Toronto might be late, since it was also starting out in Toronto and there was a bit of a storm going on. However, it arrived and departed pretty much on time. Miwa watched MLP on the iPad and Ru-chan made friends with the 9 month old baby in the seat behind us.

It was snowing when we arrived in Toronto, but it didn’t look too bad. Miwa fell asleep in the stroller somewhere between customs and our next gate.

We boarded on time and things were looking good, but at the scheduled departure time the captain announced that we had to wait 45 minutes for a connecting flight to arrive. It took about an hour and a half. Then we had to de-ice, so we finally took off 2 hours behind schedule. Miwa slept through it all, and Ru-chan wasn’t far behind her. Kudos to Jill for holding on to her for 6 hours!

Since it was very early in the morning when we got in to Calgary, we shuffled through in a Zombie like state, and finally made it to our hotel rooms by 3am, MST, which equated to 5 AM TCI time. Just about the time the Darling Daughters had been waking up for the last several days. I wans’t expecting to get a wink of sleep, but was pleasantly surprised that that we all slept solidly until 6. Even mor surprising was that shortly after 3, Miwa climbed out of Jills bed and into mine of her own volition, so she slept with me all night. Her story in the morning was that she had come over to invite me back to the family bed, then just fell asleep. Cute.

THe hot breakfast was nice and we caught the 8 AM shuttle bus to the Airport, and were at our gate at 8:35. Not too bad at all.

Everyone else caught the 10am flight to Comox, leaving me alone in the airport until my flight at 12.

Back to reality!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s